Twitter

FOLLOW ON TWITTER... YOUTUBE ... FACEBOOK

Monday, April 16, 2012

Dave Dave's Begining Connection To Michael

Throughout Michael Jackson’s life he had a deep impact on many. But one little boy in particular, recalls just what Michael did for him, and to this day still supports Michael, and the kind of person he encountered.

David Rothenberg changed his name. In 1996

 Dave Dave who was born David Rothenburg, changed his name in order to have his own identity and to get away from using the name of his abusive father. He was burned by his father at the age of 6 in a hotel room that his father set fire to. During the years he has endured many surgeries and procedures to help correct the damage, due to 90% of his body being burned in the incident. Michael Jackson befriended him as a youngster, and had stayed a long standing friend through the years. Somewhere inside they both understood each other on a level no one else did, strengthening their friendship. With this kind of bond, I am sure they might have done anything they could for each other.



Dave’s words about Michael:

“He heard about me and contacted me. He wanted to meet me, I was about 7 years old at the time (so Michael should have been about 16 then). He befriended me, he took me into his life. He opened up his arms to me and accepted me as a very good friend of his. And throughout the years he never let me go. Michael was like a father to me.”

“I turned around and there was Michael. At that moment we embraced and that embrace never ended throughout our whole entire friendship.”

“I believe what people fail to realize is that Michael was a human being. Throughout the years he was kind of stigmatized by the media.”

“He has been my friend throughout everything that I’ve been through. And he’s my only friend that I can say that’s been there for me always. He’s really had an impact on my life – not because his is a celebrity. Because he’s been through kind of the same thing as I’ve been through.”

“He was a great person. He never hurt a soul and I’m happy to have been his friend all these years. Michael offered a lot of emotional support for me. Michael was there for me whenever I needed to talk to him. He opened up Neverland to me as a means to get away. Metaphorically he was always like a father that I never had.”

“It was quite an amazing experience. There was a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and there was Michael. Our relationship started with a hug, a hug that never ended. Michael Jackson was like a father figure for me. He gave me a lot of advice, he showed me a lot of things about the world. He really was a source of emotional support for me. I believe I lost a Person in my life, but at the same time I gained a lot of knowledge.”

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment