Twitter

FOLLOW ON TWITTER... YOUTUBE ... FACEBOOK

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Echoes of Dealey Plaza: The JFK Assassination

,

 
Bill Christopher This year marks the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. I can't add much to the decades-long debate of what happened in Dallas on November 22, 1963. Study of the assassination has become a cottage industry in this country and I also went through a period of time, studying books, reading articles and examining descriptions of the available evidence in an attempt to make sense of the murder of the President.

I've backed-off in recent months because I've come to the conclusion that we'll probably never know who was behind the assassination. I think even a cursory look at the evidence and eyewitness testimony shows that Kennedy wasn't killed by a lone assassin with a cheap Italian rifle. After establishing the likelihood of conspiracy, the multitudinous trails lead in so many directions that I wonder if we'll ever get to the truth of who ordered the execution of JFK. I have my suspicions and they trouble me at the potential depth of the darkness that has co-opted our country in the past 75-100 years.
I hope others continue to study the evidence and call for answers. In my quest for the truth about that day in Dallas, I was asked many times, "Why?" and "Who cares?" My answer was, and remains, because we need to find out who committed this heinous act and bring them to justice. Otherwise, the culprits will have gotten away with one of the most-brazen crimes in history.

Even if those responsible have passed on, their names need to be recorded in the annuals of infamy.
Hopefully, we haven't sunk so low as to think it doesn't matter.
It does.
November 22, 1963 marked a turning point in America's history. Not only did we lose a young and vibrant President, those bullets blasted something out of our nation's collective soul.
We've been reeling ever since.
The guilty need to answer for the Kennedy family's crushing pain and sorrow and for the psychic damage inflicted on the American collective.

I hope and pray that someone,
some day,
somehow finds those answers.

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately the truth would be too unpalatable for the American people to swallow.

    ReplyDelete