Twitter

FOLLOW ON TWITTER... YOUTUBE ... FACEBOOK

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Tim Burton Night of the Living

"'Night of the Living' is an idea I have had around for years that I'm doing with Tim Burton. When we were shooting 'Dark Shadows' last year I worked up the nerve to tell Tim about it because I always thought it would make a good movie. When I saw what he had done with 'Frankweenie' and 'Corpse Bride', it always struck me as a great idea for that form. I'm writing it at Warner's Bros. for him (as a stop-motion monster movie)."

The Nightmare Before Christmas


No story details were given, but if I had to make a guess at the story just from the title, I'm wondering if it turns the typical zombie story on its head. More specifically, I imagine a town full of happy zombies suddenly find themselves under "attack" by a living person. Essentially, the story of Planet 51 where a human finds himself stuck on an alien planet rather than the other way around. Either way, it sounds like we might be getting the old Tim Burton back and his collaborations with a creative mind like Grahame-Smith, who also wrote Dark Shadows and is developing a Beetlejuice sequel, might have him back on top
 The film will apparently be stop-motion, in the style of Corpse Bride, and will be released by Warner Bros.
Sadly, that's all the news we have for now, but keep checking back for further news!


To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment